Do you have a child starting school in September 2022?
Here is the St James’ Prospectus, which will give you a taste of how fantastic our school is!
How do I make an application for a place at St James’ CofE Primary School?
- Read the ECC Primary Schools brochure 2022 to 2023. This will explain your application journey. (Page 5)
- Online applications can be made for a Reception school place between 9 November 2021 and 15 January 2022. The statutory national closing date for applications is 15 January 2022.
- All applications received after 15 January 2022 will be treated as late and will only be processed after all the on-time applications.
- You are less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools if you apply late.
- National Offer Day is 19th April 2022.Please see full details of our admission arrangements below (See Admissions Policy).
How do I apply for a Secondary School Place?
If your child is in Year 6 and you want to apply for a Year 7 place in Secondary School:
- Read the ECC Secondary Schools brochure 2022 to 2023. This will explain your application journey. (Page 5)
- Online applications can be made for a Year 3 place between 10th September 2021 and 31st October 2021. The statutory national closing date for applications is 31st October 2021.
- National Offer Day is 1st March 2022.
How do I make an Appeal against a decision on where my child will be attending school?
If your child is not offered a place at your preferred school, you can appeal against the decision. To find out more information go to the Essex Admissions appeals website.
For children starting infant, junior or primary school from September 2021 the timetable for Appeals is as follows:
|19 April 2022||National Offer Day – parents informed of outcome of application|
|18 May 2022||Deadline for submitting appeals|
|June – 21 July 2022||Appeals heard for those submitted by the deadline and where possible, for late appeals (last day of term: 21 July 2022)|
|September 2022 onwards||Appeals heard for any appeals not heard before 21 July 2022|
Map of the St James’ CofE Primary Admissions area:
Mid Year Admissions:
Please phone the school to enquire about any spaces in year groups.
As of the the 1st April 2022, all Mid-Year Applications should be made directly to the School. Either contact the Office on 01279 432459 or email email@example.com and they will be happy to help!
Schools may offer a part time induction process over a period of three days to four weeks to support children’s transition into school.
We have decided that this is best practice, and have found that this supports a successful and happy transition for children into their new school.
If offered a place at the school, an induction meeting will be arranged with a senior member of staff, who will be happy to provide a tour of the school with your child, provide parents with lots of information about the school and give parents the opportunity to share information about their child to ensure their child’s transition into their new school will be as smooth as possible.
All parents/carers will then be provided with a ‘staggered induction timetable’ on how their child will transition into school.