Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils for the future.
Opening doors to our future.
“Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
Our aim is that the children who attend our school leave us fully prepared as resilient, compassionate, empathetic, global citizens, who understand the challenges of a modern world and as Christians, what is needed to thrive within it. We work tirelessly to fulfil our pupil’s full potential to be successful, aspirational adults, that can have an impact on both their local community and the global one. Our Christian values (Respect, Responsibility, Community, Friendship, Forgiveness and Courage) and concept-based curriculum underpin this aim and together we are able to open doors of opportunity for each and every child’s future.
The Aims of our School
At St James’, we recognise that education involves children, parents, staff, governors, the community, The Vine Schools Trust and the responsible authority, and that for the very best benefit all should work closely together to support the process of learning.
Working in partnership we aim to:
- Provide all our children with the opportunity to experience ‘Life in all its fullness’ John 10: 10, by inspiring high aspirations in every child and giving them every chance to become the very best that they can be.
- Recognise the needs and aspirations of all individuals and provide opportunities to make the best possible progress and attain the highest possible achievements.
- Use our carefully chosen Core Christian Values of Respect, Responsibility, Community, Friendship, Forgiveness and Courage to help children build character that will give them a strong foundation for their future.
- To celebrate difference and individuality within our community which is founded on mutual respect.
- We strive to create a deep sense of well-being, self-belief, self-discipline and self-respect and positive attitudes in every child.
- We want every child to learn in an environment where they feel safe to share their opinions, try new things and learn from their mistakes.
- We aim to inspire independence and a life-long love of learning.
- We seek to foster an enquiring approach to life, where children think carefully about ‘Big Questions’ and ask questions of their own.
Our School Rules
Our Christian Values
- RESPECT – we value everyone
- RESPONSIBILITY – we take responsibility for our actions
- COMMUNITY – we are all together
- FRIENDSHIP – we all get on together
- FORGIVENESS – we give and receive forgiveness
- COURAGE – we have courage at all times
Our British Values
At St James’ CofE Primary School we take seriously our responsibility to prepare children for life in modern Britain. We ensure that the fundamental British Values are introduced, discussed and lived out through the ethos and work of the school. All curriculum areas provide a vehicle for furthering understanding of these concepts and, in particular, our RE, PSHE, RSE and Philosophy lessons provide excellent opportunities to deepen and develop understanding. Children embrace these concepts with enthusiasm and demonstrate a good understanding of their application to their own lives. The school makes considerable efforts to ensure children have exposure to a wide experience beyond their local community during which these concepts are shown, through for example, sporting events, educational visits and use of events and visitors to the school. Their strong rooted values-based understanding gives them an excellent platform for embracing difference.