St James Church of England Primary School
Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
Welcome to St James C of E Primary School.
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing up to date information for parents, pupils and the wider community.
Our Vision & Ethos
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our Christian Values
- RESPECT – we value everyone
- RESPONSIBILITY – we take responsibility for our actions
- COMMUNITY – we are all together
- FRIENDSHIP – we all get on together
- FORGIVENESS – we give and receive forgiveness
- COURAGE – we have courage at all times
Our Aims & Values
At St James’ C.E. Primary School we aim to:
- Provide a differentiated and relevant curriculum with varied teaching styles to meet the range of pupils’ educational needs, ensuring excellence and enjoyment.
- Enable pupils to make maximum progress in their academic and social development.
- Actively support the welfare, well-being and safeguarding of our pupils.
- Make each and every child feel a valued member of the school community.
- Help pupils to develop the skills of an independent learner, promoting high self esteem and a positive self image in preparing pupils for their future roles in society.
- Identify individual needs and to make an appropriate response to these, ensuring equal opportunities for all.
- Promote a working partnership between home and school in supporting each child’s learning learning.
- Develop a community spirit, promote a common ethos and shared values, based on Christian principles, whilst acknowledging and respecting values held by other cultures and faiths.
- Develop a sense of reverence, appreciation, awe and wonder about our world.
- Provide a happy school with a safe, caring, stimulating and attractive environment.